Applications in the metal & steel industry.
Solutions with radar sensors.
OndoSense radar sensors are used in various areas of the metal industry – from the production of steel, copper and aluminum in blast furnaces and continuous casting plants to the hot and cold rolling of metal workpieces (e. g. slabs, steel beams, long and flat steel, steel sheet piling) to metal processing in coating lines, cutting and splitting lines. Our reliable radar sensors enable the high-precision width measurement and thickness measurement of semi-finished metal, the contactless level monitoring of molten metal and the steel strip positioning in the coating line. The innovative radar technology works error-free even in adverse environments with smoke, steam, fire, heat and dirt. With the OndoSense radar sensor solutions, the waste of steel, aluminum, copper and other metals can be diminished. This helps lowering production costs in hot rolling mill and cold rolling mill. This contributes to reducing the CO2 emissions in the metal industry.
Width measurement in the rolling mill
Thickness measurement in the rolling mill
Contactless level measurement of liquid metal
- Contactless fill level control of metal at temperatures of up to 1600 degrees Celsius – with radar.
- Even in dust, ash, water vapor and extreme heat: Our radar measures the level with sub-millimeter accuracy
- An active cooling of the level radar is usually not necessary. And our radar is suitable for all types of metal.
Steel strip positioning in the coating line
- Exact inline position control of the steel or metal strip in the coating line – with radar.
- Thanks to innovative radar technology, you will successfully prevent collision-related damage to the system or the assembly line.
- This eliminates unplanned downtime, high maintenance and repair costs and lengthy production losses.
Customers in the metal industry
Your inquiry on our radar sensor solutions.
Please contact us now for advice & quotes.
Do you have questions on our radar sensor solutions and need to discuss your application case with our radar experts? Would you like to order or test our radar sensors for distance measurement or collision avoidance? The OndoSense team will provide you with answers, advise you on the use of radar sensors in your industrial environment and send you a quote.